Friday, September 16, 2011

The Muffin story



Aaaahaaahh, I will be talking about a not so proud moment. We were at a breakfast place today, I ordered a Veggie omelet, I mean Omelet with veggies in it..Haha, I know it wasn't funny. I just thought it might be confusing how can an egg get veggie or was the chicken a vegetarian? OMG! I can get way more annoying than one can imagine.
So, this dish of mine came with English muffins on the side. I cannot believe that I thought a muffin is always a cupcake kinda looking thing wrapped in a paper cup or sometimes not. When I ordered, the waiter asked if I wanted butter on my muffin. I was a little confused, but said no ('No' might always be a safer choice). Finally, I got my dish and then asked my hubby where was the English muffin. He, as unaware and Indian by heart as me, said, "hmm..I think, she forgot". Then I had a doubt if the little bun looking thing on my plate was called an English Muffin. So, anyway, we began eating and after a while, I thought why not check on the Iphone to clear the confusion. I asked my husband to pass me the Iphone. He didn't know why I was asking for phone nor did he care as his cheese omelet kept him too busy. Even before I could switch on the phone, the waiter was around our table, and imagine the next in slow blurry motion. My husband dearest in a very 'audible' tone reaches out to the waiter and asks, "Where...are... the.. English.. muffins...? Are  these (slower motion).....breads ...(slower)...'Theeee MUFFINSSSS'!!!!?"  As-though the time stopped, all the people became statues and my husbands words echoed across the planet! OMG, I just wanted the earth to split apart so I could vanish into it. It seemed like a slow death right on the table..haha..I know my exaggeration!  Hello, if men can have big issues to ask for directions, because it hits their ego, why can't they relate that women never want to come accross like this (dumbo, bimbo) in a restaurant! My embarassment was brewing inside me... I just smiled and returned the Iphone. Of-course, ahemm..I did say a word or two after that to my husband..wasn't bad at all (WINK)!

Ok, I will never forget the difference between a muffin/ English muffin / Russian muffin or watever muffin anymore. Common, previously, I would think that the biscuits they serve in Cheesecake factory would be like those Glucose, ParleG or Britannia biscuits in India, but,  did I ever let anyone know? NOOOO...





3 comments:

Natasha said...

haha..I am cracking up here..lol! Love the line where you relate the problem with men NOT asking for directions to women embarrassed about NOT knowing something on the table..:) I can sooo relate to biscuits here..Can never ever think of those freshly baked ones to biscuits in my mind :)

Dimple said...

Hahaha!! Lol! very funny post! Its not only ur husband men in general be it dad or brother sometimes pass such embarrassing statements . I feel like vanishing from that place.. I loved the part where your husband's words echoed across the planet ! Loved your humor! Keep up the good work :D And special mention of ur blog title.. very creative .. I still didn't understand Denken und Schreiben.. Guess its German :) except for the und part ;)

Nitsvitz said...

Hey @ rambling... I know what you saying..about the dad & bros...i always get it from them also. Denken und Schreiben means think and write. WHich ofcourse i rarely do...hehe