Saturday, September 24, 2011

10 Reasons why plus sizes are blissful




I am taking this opportunity to represent the plus size or say the “healthier” side of the world and have a good time. I intend no personal offense to anyone I know, 'living or dead'. So please chill!


1.       We have lesser options to choose from. So, no standing for hours in the wardrobe figuring out what to wear. There will always be a fixed set of 10 clothes which fits perfectly.
2.       These sections in the store are less crowded and surprisingly the fitting room helpers are always available to help.
3.       We can concentrate more on jewellery, makeup and accessories.
4.       Don’t need to follow fashion trends, as they any way don’t care for the heavier side of the world.
5.       We don’t have a ‘need to buy’ wish list, coz* we have an almost new wardrobe waiting for us to fit back in. Yes we are hopeful to fit back in.
6.       We shop less. Save lots of your and your husbands’ money. Happy husbands equals h appy life.
7.       No competition! What a relief that is! We leave that for all the slimz & sexies. Not that we are not sexy. But there is no plus to plus competition going on. We are more understanding of each other and the world. Often times you will find us exchanging smiles. Most of us would have seen the good, bad and the ugly days.
8.       At least, we aren’t afraid that people love us because we are thin. They surely love us for something more substantial and permanent.
9.       People who have seen this side of the world are less likely to have a midlife crisis because even those skinny gals gotta touch the old wrinkly age and we all know Botox only makes you look older and fake. Whereas, the plus guys would have already known how to deal with the image challenges and would be happily hanging around their compassionate society. Btw*, chubby-ness catches fewer wrinkles! No wonder the skinny's are injecting buttock fat in their faces these days! Gosh oh gosh all these years of dieting for this? ( By skinny I mean the people who on purpose want to be zeros or minus figures and not care about their health. I have equal compassion for the people who are also struggling to put on weight)
10.   Lastly, all you marketing guys…it just won’t work! We buy clothes when we think it’s right!

The above article is not meant to get sympathies from the part of the world that hasn’t experienced something like this. It is also not to prove plus is better. It is just an insight of our lifestyle.  We will always appreciate the thin and the healthy side of the world for their efforts to be a specimen for health and effectiveness. I wanted to rejoice this challenging time. I am determined to one day put up my weight loss story on the same blog. However, this, I shall do not for any stupid socio-economic pressures but solely for my own well being. Health is everything. I believe humor is the best way to not hang and sulk in your sorrow. Everyone has a reason why they are putting on unhealthy weight or losing weight. Challenge is not to lose or gain but to know why we have gained or lost. I have figured out my reasons, so can you. You got to know why you eat more/ or less, exercise or don’t exercise…and not think, ‘oh I am plus coz I eat more’.  Just find out what makes you eat more or what makes you be laid back and you will for sure enter the “healthy” side of the world. And, btw, every person’s ‘healthy’ is exclusive and equally beautiful.

BTW* - By the way
Coz* -because

5 comments:

Dimple said...

Hahaha! very true .. I like ur take on plus size. Quiet funny... Even I ve seen the good bad and the ugly phase. So no stress... Great post :D

Natasha said...

oh my nits!!Awesome job with the post! You put down your thoughts so well:) Now that I am moving onto the 'plus' side, I can totally relate to it..It cracked me up totally!! Also, it reminds me of an article I had written long back but never had the guts to post it because that was regarding 'plus'sized people picking on 'thin' sized ones and by thin I mean who are genetically inclined to be thin or someone with high metabolism :) And you have written about a sensitive topin in non-offensive way to anyone..Great job!! xx

Nitsvitz said...

Hell! why didn't you post it! See thats the thing, i know how annoying it is when ppl think that naturally thin ppl are so lucky and its unfair or somethin. I used to get that also. nonsense! ofcourse i realised soon i wasn't naturally thin..infact the other way round..hehe..Would love to see your story. and btw i will kill u if u dare to tag urself plus n all..u look half my age ..now shut up. and i knw u do yoga n all..so its hard work too! babare..nice we can have a topic on phone next time.like we dont have enough!.hehe..cant wait

Purvi said...

Very well written... though for me putting on weight became a frustrating experience coz i no more fitted into clothes that I liked and that has become a main reason for me to shed some era kilos now, also I have realized the importance of a healthy lifestyle now :) :)

P.S: you write very well and I would love to see some more posts from you :)

Nitsvitz said...

@purvi ..thats v.sweet:)